ELibrary Minnesota- Side View Reference For Easy Research
We are all aware that Elibrary Minnesota, or ELM, is a great research tool that provides Minnesota residents with access to magazines, journals, newspapers, and encyclopedia articles, media, such as videos, images as well as audio files, and other information resources. Consumer information, arts and humanities, career, occupation, test prep, current events, health, science, social science, politics, business, and other topics are covered. In order to facilitate research, their website design includes a Side View Reference section where you can see easily accessible information that can assist you with your research.
Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM)
ELM contains millions of records from various mediums and databases, which can be quite overwhelming for its users. As a result, they have included a side view reference in the left corner of their results page where you can add additional keywords to your search or narrow it down by subject. On this section of the result page, you can also select relative subjects. A side view reference is a great way to make it easier to find the information you need for your research.
The Side View Reference section includes links to Feature Resources, News and Magazine Resources, Health and Wellness Resources, and A-Z Databases.
Below are some examples of A-Z databases that you may access in Side View Reference.
- AAS Historical Periodicals - American Antiquarian Society digitized images of the pages of American magazines and journals published between 1684 and 1912.
- Alt Health Watch - International journals that cover complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health and wellness.
- Britannica Academic Edition - Includes encyclopedia content as well as multimedia, timelines, a world data analyst, country comparisons, and the Britannica blog.
- Britannica School High - High school-level encyclopedia content, as well as multimedia, timelines, world atlases, country comparisons, and primary sources.
- Explora Library - Full-text access to the popular magazine and scholarly journal articles on a wide range of topics, including multimedia, primary source documents, and reference books. Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MAS Complete, MasterFILE Complete, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source - Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center are among the databases included.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts - A directory of library-related articles, reports, and proceedings from professional journals.
- Regional Business News - Covers full-text regional business publications from the United States and Canadian provinces. Scholars and academic researchers can gain access to important newspapers, radio and television news transcripts, trade publications, magazines, newswires, and videos.
- Science Reference Center - Science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other resources for middle and high school students covering a wide range of science topics. Explora Teens and Explora Library databases contain this information.
- Wall Street Journal (1984 to the present) - Wall Street Journal articles. From 1984 to the present. One of the newspapers in ProQuest's News stream database in the United States.
Elibrary Minnesota is indeed one of the best research platforms to find online articles and electronic books on a vast array of topics aside from Google, Yahoo, or MSN for trusted information resources. ELM also doesn't stop in improvising ways to make your research at ease and one of their best applications to help researchers is by having a Side View Reference in their web result page.