Online Learning Database- Business Source Premier
Business Source Premier is the industry's most popular business research database, containing the full text of over 2,200 journals. It is one of the best databases available for students and business owners to research and search journal articles on business, management, marketing and economic topics. Jump into this article to learn more about Business Source Premier.
Business Source Premier is a database that covers business and management topics such as accounting, banking, economics, finance, international trade, marketing, management information systems, and operations management. Contains articles from thousands of scientific and professional publications, academic journals and journals. The full text of many titles is available, but for some titles the database contains only indexes and summaries. The database also contains the company profiles of 10,000 of the world's largest companies.
With Business Source Premier, you can search for fields related to your business research, such as company name, ticker symbol, product name, geographic location, and NAICS industry code. Contains over 2,000 active business-related journals (including over 1,200 peer reviews) on topics such as business, economics, finance, accounting, marketing, banking, and international business. It contains:
- Full text of management journals such as Harvard Business Review, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Marketing.
- Searchable citations for over 1,200 journals.
- Indexing and summarizing of the most important business journals since 1886.
- Over 77,000 Associated Press videos on a variety of business topics (since 1930).
- More than 1.1 million corporate information, the world's largest public and private companies, including finance, subsidiaries, products, employees, and industry information.
Here are the steps on how you can create links in Business Source Premier:
- Go to the Business Source Premier database.
- Do your search and select a full-text article.
- Choose the article title to display the citation and abstract.
- Select the "Permalink" to display the persistent link and copy the URL.
- Take note that the proxy prefix is included in the persistent link. This link will provide the off-campus access to the users.
When searching Business Source Premier, you can use search techniques that are commonly used in other databases and search engines. Here are some examples:
- You will need to type in the keywords or phrases of your research question. So, for instance, if your question was “How can you start a business plan?”, you could try the key phrases/words: "business plan" (putting a quote in quotation marks will search for that exact phrase).
- You then might like to think about synonyms (words with similar or the same meaning) so your search might become “business or business strategy”. (Adding an asterisk to the end of the beginning of a word will then search for all words beginning with that stem, so for example, business (asterisk) would search for a business, business plans, etc).
- Once you select the search button, you'll get some results which will be listed in order of relevance - i.e. the more your words or phrases appear in the article, the higher up they will be towards the top of the list.
- In order for you to read an abstract of an article (the article summary), go under the title and you'll see it. This is all you need to see to determine if the article is going to be helpful for you. If it is, then you can open the full text by selecting the green “Access button” or the PDF icon.
- Always remember you can also log in directly into Business Source Premier accessing from the Business Source Premier database page.
Business Source Premier is one of the industry's most used business research databases which provides full text coverage and searchable cited references. We hope that this article guide will help you learn how to search the major databases for finding scholarly articles on business and management.Business Source Premier is one of the industry's most used business research databases which provides full text coverage and searchable cited references. We hope that this article guide will help you learn how to search the major databases for finding scholarly articles on business and management.