Step By Step Guide On How To Use Consumer Health Complete
Are you not feeling well? Do you have questions about medical procedures? Want to know how effective acupuncture is?
For medical queries, library customers should refer to the Consumer Health Complete database. Consumer Health Complete provides up-to-date, comprehensive information with illustrations and videos on hundreds of illnesses, conditions, procedures, new medical developments, and other related topics and it's easy to use and understand too.
What Is Consumer Health Complete
Consumer Health Complete from EBSCOhost provides full-text journals, magazines, reference books, and videos and animations on health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition. Coverage includes a complementary, holistic and integrated approach to health and wellness. You may browse medical, health-related, and drug reference books, read articles on herbs, drugs, health, and fitness, and find sources for both conventional and alternative health information.
COPYRIGHT_ELM4: Published on https://elm4you.org/guide/tutorial/consumer-health-complete/ by - on 2022-09-18T17:47:16.254Z
In addition to full-text health journals, magazines, ebooks, and evidence-based health reports, Consumer Health Complete also includes:
- Full text of more than 570 magazines and journals
- Over 2,600 evidence-based health reports
- Nearly 500 medical diagrams and images
- Full-text consumer health leaflets and pamphlets.
- Health reference encyclopedias and books
- Nearly 250 animations with audio narration
- Articles covering teen health and wellness topics
- Drugs and alcohol
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- And much more…
How To Use Consumer Health Complete
Consumer Health Complete is an easy-to-use database that anyone with a National City Library card can access. Consumer Health Complete contains information from medical Encyclopedias, magazines, health journals, and books.
- You can register at Consumer Health Complete by going to our electronic databases at https://www.nationalcityca.gov/government/library/electronic-databases. You need to have your National City Library card to have access to the database. You may see the Consumer Health Complete option under the Health section.
- Once you are already at the homepage, you will see several sections available. At the top is the search bar (red box) and underneath that, you’ll see the sources that Consumer Health Complete utilizes. To the right corner is an alphabetical quick search button (black box) and on the bottom right is a topic search button (pink box). You also have access to popular publications.
- In the search box as you type your research, it will offer multiple suggestions. If you see what you are looking for you can click on it or just type out your search terms completely and click the Search button again.
- Whenever you type in a search term and click "Enter", you will be taken to the result page. In the center will be the articles related to your search terms (green box). Please take note that you can either click on the title of the article for a detailed view of the article or you may just click on the link for the Full-Text article. You can also click on the folder icon to save it to a personal folder of articles you have saved. On the top are tabs that let you browse the different sources which contain the information pertaining to your search terms.
To summarize, Consumer Health Complete is a very convenient and user-friendly source of medical information. Still, this is just one of many research tools that the Marathon County Public Library can offer its clients. Furthermore, Consumer Health Complete is not only available at the library, but people can also access it from home as well using their library card and logging in to their website. Consumer Health Complete is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the Databases page located under the Find menu button on the library homepage.
So, if you ever have any medical questions, stop in, and visit Consumer Health Complete. We hope that this article helps you to know more about this Medical search platform.